Let The Travelling Pig take care of all your catering requirements for your Wedding Day, from Wedding Breakfast through to Evening Wedding Reception. Both your formal and informal meals are professionally catered for.
A wedding leaves everyone on a high, including us. Our expertise in delivering a perfect wedding catering experience makes so much difference to your special day.
Wedding Roast, Carvery, Barbecue and Buffet catering
Quality food is what we are all about and we appreciate how essential it is to ensure your special day is truly special in every way. We are well known for the high quality of our superb free-range meats and the professional catering we deliver. We love to discuss your ideas and understand what you want to ensure your wedding catering is low-stress and pleasurable for you.
Some meal suggestions for full day catering
We are eager to help make your wedding catering a unique and pleasurable experience. The Travelling Pig provides a wide variety of finest quality meats and food styles to offer you including carveries, hog roast, barbecue and buffet meals. We look forward to working with you to understand your needs and are glad to offer advice from our experience should you need it.
We have some suggestions below to help you but these aren’t fixed choices. We always like to be flexible within the range of what we can provide to ensure your day is how you want it to be.
Canapés and Starters?
Our canapés are a perfect compliment to your wedding reception:
• Blinis with cream cheese and oak smoked salmon
• Mini individual quiches
• Open roll with smoked pork loin
• Spring rolls with a sweet chilli dip
Our starter course comprises:
• French toast with Brussels pâté and salad garnish
• French toast with Hummus and salad garnish (v)
Suggested Wedding Breakfast (Daytime Reception)
• Carvery roast (selecting from beef, turkey, gammon and pork) with fresh vegetables, roast potatoes, new potatoes, cauliflower cheese, Yorkshire pudding, gravy and accompaniments
• Carvery roast (selecting from beef, turkey, gammon and pork) with hot new potatoes, mixed salads, coleslaw and accompaniments
• Hog roast with hot new potatoes, mixed salads, coleslaw and accompaniments
• Cold buffet with delicious home roasted meats, oak smoked salmon, roast chicken, pork and beef pies, quiches, pasta and salads, coleslaw, hot new potatoes, bread rolls and accompaniments
You will no doubt want to follow the main course. We have details of our delicious desserts, cheeseboard and hot beverages below.
Vegetarians and special dietary needs
All vegetarian/vegan requirements are fully catered for. Please discuss any special dietary requirements and food allergies with us.
Suggested Evening Reception
Your Evening Reception may have a more informal style and some suggestions for you are as follows but again, do discuss your ideas with us as we are very flexible:
• Succulent roasted hog with crackling and served on a soft white floury roll with apple sauce • sage and onion stuffing
• A choice of 1, 2 or 3 carvery meats (selecting from beef, turkey, gammon and pork) served on a soft white floury bread rolls • sage and onion stuffing • English mustard • horseradish sauce
• Homemade Aberdeen Angus burgers OR Free-range pork sausages served on a soft floury bread roll • onion • cheese • The famous ‘Travelling Pig Hog Sauce’
• Bacon or Bacon and Free-range egg served on a soft floury bread roll • red or brown sauce
• Cold buffet including sandwiches, chicken drumsticks, pies, pasta, salads
• Pie and mushy pea supper (choose from individual beef, pork, meat and potato, steak and ale) accompanied with mint sauce and red cabbage
Suggested Delicious Desserts
If you have a particular dessert preference not listed below, please do not hesitate to ask:
Lemon Drizzle cake • Victoria Vanilla sponge cake • Cappuccino and Walnut cake • Moist Carrot cake • Chocolate Fudge Brownie cake • Chocolate Orange cake • Triple Chocolate cake (Gluten Free) • Carrot and Ginger cake (Vegan) • Strawberry Cheesecake • Eton Mess
Note: not all dessert choices are shown below.
How about a Cheese Board?
Add a cheeseboard with a selection of organic cheeses, grapes and crackers. These cheeses are handmade and produced in the Pennine hills above Todmorden and Hebden Bridge in Yorkshire.
Cheeses available are a camembert style, a soft blue, a cheddar style, a paneer/halloumi style and others. Unless specifically requested we select from their range based on the most popular varieties for your event.
Formal catering, tea and coffee
Formal plates and stainless steel cutlery are often appropriate for the Daytime Reception and the charge per head is £1.50. Otherwise and for Evening Reception our top quality disposable plates and cutlery are included in your choices.
We also offer cup and saucer hire with unlimited tea and coffee at £2.50 per head. Alternatively £1.50 per head in disposable cups.
A family business
The Travelling Pig isn’t a faceless franchise business. We are very much a family business and one central to myself, Sue and Matthew. We’re passionate about delivering great quality and service.